(1948-1999) Enshrined November 12, 2005
The names of Bob McNab and Jim Wolfe are inseparable in the helicopter industry just as their extraordinary partnership, accomplishments and contributions to the world of helicopters are irrevocably linked. McNab and Wolfe co-founded Edwards & Associates in Piney Flats, Tennessee in 1977 to market helicopters. Their shared imaginative vision, entrepreneurial spirit, bold leadership and strict commitment to quality made Bob McNab and Jim Wolfe world leaders in the helicopter industry. Edwards & Associates and its wholly owned subsidiaries, Aeronautical Accessories, Inc., Aeronautical Plastics, Inc. and Rotor Blades, Inc. became global leaders in the manufacture and sales of over 800 helicopter products. The Aeronautical Accessories, Inc. products line included 244 foreign approvals or FAA Supplemental Type Certificates. The quality, and optical clarity of Aeronautical Plastics, Inc. products resulted in their installation as original equipment by several manufacturers. In 1996, Robert B. McNab and James A. Wolfe were awarded the coveted Helicopter Association International, Lawrence D. Bell Memorial Award, established in 1971 to salute excellence in management leadership and for long and significant service to the civil helicopter industry. Mr. Wolfe, who passed away in August 1999, served as an Army Helicopter Pilot during the Vietnam War and was twice awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and several commendation medals with Valor, including the Bronze Star. Edwards & Associates and its subsidiaries were premier suppliers to Bell Helicopter Textron of Ft. Worth, TX for 20 years. In 1999, Bell Helicopter acquired the companies but they continue to be located in Northeastern Tennessee.
To learn more, visit: www.tnairmuseum.com